Young Robin - taken 2009 in back garden - Enniskerry, Co. Wicklow, Ireland

WEEKLY TWEET

When was the last time you actually watched wildlife in your back garden?

Today? Last week? Can't remember? In today's modern world, we are finding it increasingly difficult to relax and take time out from work or family. This blog is to remind you all of the free entertainment that we can enjoy each and every day - WILDLIFE!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Where are they?

Has anybody else noticed a shortage of activity at the feeders this weekend? I don't know if the birds know something I don't but the only activity on the feeders this weekend has been the ever reliable Robin!
Not a titter of anything else! Maybe their food source is a bit more abundant than a few days ago, maybe more insects are around or something? Who knows?
All I know is that I've been poised with my camera aimed at the bird feeders for almost 2 days and now have cramp..................not that there's anything wrong with a Robin, of course!

3 comments:

Warren Baker said...

its gone quiet over here too Sharon. They will all be back when the temperature drops!

Sharon said...

I hope so! I can't wait for the colder weather just to see what else appears on the fat balls!

ShySongbird said...

Hi Sharon, I'm so glad I found you, (via Shirl's site) a very big welcome to blogland! When I came over to take a peek I was thrilled to find you had already 'found' me and also, unbeknown to me, put yourself on my followers...thank you! I normally spot new followers but as you don't have a profile photo your name had put itself on the end and I'm not sure whether you joined on the 10/06 or the 6/10/09, if it was the former please forgive me for not realising!

Anyway I am loving your blog already, when I started mine it was going to be predominantly about the birds in my garden but unlike you I am not lucky enough to have mature native trees backing onto my garden and bringing in such a wide variety of birds and indeed other creatures. We do have quite a large garden and there used to be some wonderful mature trees at the back of it but sadly they were felled some years ago. Consequently I have had to look further afield from time to time to look for something different, although I hasten to add I am enjoying that too and trying to get to grips with waders etc is a deep learning curve!

How amazing that you have visits from a Badger! They have been seen near us and my brother, who lives nearby and whose garden backs onto allotments, has seen one but as far as I know there has not been one in our garden yet.

My feeders have not been quite so busy lately as there has been a Sparrowhawk around and the other birds are being more wary.

You have some lovely photos here, I loved seeing the Jay, such colourful birds!

I am sorry this has been more of a novel than a comment ;) I do have a tendency to that!

I wish you the very best of luck with your blog and I shall visit regularly :)