Young Robin - taken 2009 in back garden - Enniskerry, Co. Wicklow, Ireland

WEEKLY TWEET

When was the last time you actually watched wildlife in your back garden?

Today? Last week? Can't remember? In today's modern world, we are finding it increasingly difficult to relax and take time out from work or family. This blog is to remind you all of the free entertainment that we can enjoy each and every day - WILDLIFE!

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thanks

I have to say thank you to those who commented on my last post advising me to wear my camera around my neck at all times!
This afternoon I managed to capture (not literally, of course!) my favourite garden bird - the Long Tailed Tit.
There were 3 of them that landed on the nut feeder only to be immediately bullied off by the Blue Tit!
Only got the 1 photo and it's quite dark but I don't care - at least they know where my garden is now!
Also managed to get a rather poor shot of the Redwing - it was hiding behind some ferns for a while but I just spotted the "red wing" and waited with my camera poised....

....it emerged about 20 minutes later and the only shot I could get has a branch in front of it!!

Never mind...will keep trying. Things are definitely looking up though!

6 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Sharon,
Ok so now that you have your camera around your neck all the time, another advise is this: Do not forget to add a tripod under it, so that you can stabilize yourself in bad light conditions.
And now I realize that your work at home is beginning to be like sport as you will have to wear your camera and your tripod ;-)
Well at least you got some nice shots of long-tailed tit (that I never managed to get) and the redwing is almost there ;-)

winterwren said...

I had to laugh at Chris's comment above, the mind picture of you lugging a camera AND tripod while dusting and hoovering around the house is hilarious! (-: Glad you got some photos of new birds today. That's the great thing about photography, there is ALWAYS something better to aim for!

Sharon said...

Thanks for your comments Chris & Jenny - maybe somebody needs to invent an all in one portable hide/tripod/camera for every day use whilst doing housework ;-)

Kelly said...

I enlarged the shot of the Long-tailed Tit and what a sweetie he is. He looks like a little pixie.

ShySongbird said...

There is plenty going on in your garden now Sharon...great stuff!

Warren Baker said...

Your garden is much more livlier than mine at the moment Sharon....Ive only ever had a Redwing visit once!