Young Robin - taken 2009 in back garden - Enniskerry, Co. Wicklow, Ireland

WEEKLY TWEET

When was the last time you actually watched wildlife in your back garden?

Today? Last week? Can't remember? In today's modern world, we are finding it increasingly difficult to relax and take time out from work or family. This blog is to remind you all of the free entertainment that we can enjoy each and every day - WILDLIFE!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Whale Update

Okay, I know this is supposed to be a garden bird blog but I thought I'd post an update regarding the dead whale we found down in Wexford.
I reported the finding to the Irish Whale & Dolphin Group (www.iwdg.ie) when I got home.
They replied advising that there was a Pilot Whale stranded at that spot on 31 October last year which was buried and it's possible that it's the same one coming up again through the sand!  How bizarre is that?!
Anyway, I thought I'd better update just in case anybody wanted to know.

No comments: